MacKiev has fixed some bugs; made some performance improvements; added some royalty free backgrounds; and integrated a third-party service for printing high-resolution charts from Family ChartMasters. (It is an optional pay-service feature to print fancy/large poster charts. Don't worry you can still make your own charts and print to your own printer.)
Today, we have more details on the pricing for this update which is called Family Tree Maker 2014.1 and Mac 3.1.
1. If you already own Family Tree Maker 2014 or Mac 3 from Ancestry, the free update to 2014.1 and Mac 3.1 are coming in about a week or so from the built-in automatic update feature in Family Tree Maker. And email will be sent as soon as it is available.
2. Users of older Family Tree Maker editions, no matter how old or if Windows or Mac, you can download an upgrade for just $29.95 (instead of the regular price of $69.95) for a limited time. MacKiev set up a special upgrade page for this promo offer.
3. New users who have never owned Family Tree Maker before, can purchase a download of the full program for a special introductory price of $49.95 for a limited time. MacKiev set up an special pricing page for this promo offer.
In addition for those that want a backup disc, you can purchase a CD with case for an extra $10 including shipping and handling at the time of your purchase.
Please note that the system requirements for Family Tree Maker 2014.1 and Mac 3.1 are:
- Windows: Windows 7 and later including Windows 10, 675MB hard disk space, 2GB of RAM, 1024x768 resolution
- Mac: OS X 10.8 or later including OS X 10.11 "El Capitan," 500MB hard disk space, 2GB of RAM
To keep up with what is going on, make sure you are on MacKiev's Product News email list so you will be notified of future information, updates and pricing offers.
There is a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for Family Tree Maker that answers many common questions. Reading this FAQ is very helpful.
MacKiev has also established a Family Tree Maker Support Page for current versions of Family Tree Maker Windows and Mac along with past versions of Family Tree Maker. At this time it is fill-in form for technical assistance.
For some questions or problems you may find the solution on the Family Tree Maker message boards (Family Tree Maker Software and Family Tree Maker Software Mac) over at the Ancestry.com website.
See you soon at Mt. Clemens Public Library!